PlotMaster Software Suite
Carlson Design Plotter/Cutters are 100% software controlled with our proprietary controller software PlotMaster or PMXP. PlotMaster/Control software is used to import plot files from other sources and control your plotter/cutter during plotting and cutting sessions.
PMXP uses your Windows PC and it’s printer port to control your plotter/cutter. It offers high reliability since the software can be easily moved to a spare computer. The Plotmaster Software Suite includes pattern editing software and nesting software. Plotmaster is very easy to use and employs simple and intuitive controls.
Single User License $3000. Standard with plotter/cutter purchase.
- Intuitive controls Adjust plot/cut speed and acceleration on the fly
- Real time progress display
- Imports standard file formats including: HPGL, DXF, GBR, OptiTex, and most sailmaking formats
- Supported and updated via the internet
PEDIT allows file optimization and manipulation:
- Scale, rotate, and flip objects
- Select, delete, and edit plot/cut lines
- Set over-cut compensation
- Simple pattern development with custom pattern programs
QuickNest saves material and accelerates plot/cut efficiency with optimized table layouts:
- Manually alter pattern orientation for “best fit”
- Maximize cut layouts with virtual tables
- Minimize material waste with “Efficiency Display”
- Simple and easy to use
PlotMaster is $3000 USD – non transferable, single user license. Standard with New System. Free Updates available with license.PlotMaster Improvements Include:
- PMXP is simpler, with fewer configuration settings
- PMXP requires only one printer port.
- PMXP introduces a new male-male cabling using standard cabling
- PMXP is compatible with WinXP home/pro and Windows Vista
- PMXP supports USB peripherals including digitizing joysticks and remote controls
- PMXP supports advanced features such as drills, fabric feeders, and job logging
- PMXP is installed at the factory
Plotmaster Software Suite Also Includes PartsMaker for making simple shapes.
PMXP runs under Windows 98, ME, XP 32 bit and Vista, and requires a 266 or faster Pentium processor.
Using a laptop computer is not recommended. For best performance use a Dual Core 2GHz+ processor with a legacy addressed LPT port or have Carlson Design preload and test your computer!
PlotMaster will import from most CAD programs. If your CAD program is not currently supported, you can send us several sample files and we will work with you to develop a direct to *.UC plot file importer.
The following is a list of many of the formats we support:
*.UC, HPGL, DXF, Rhino 3D, OptiTex, GBR, SMSW, PPilot, SailPak, SailCut, SailMaker, UK, Crain, Shore, SobStad Yarn Files, SMAR Azure
Plotmaster Software Suite Tips:
- Using a dedicated Plotter Computer can speed up plot/cut times.
- Optimize parts before plotting/cutting to get the most efficient plot path.
- Experiment with different speed settings for different materials.
- Save jobs in folders by their order # -- this makes recuts, and recovers quick and easy to find.
- When you find your optimal settings - take a screen shot. This is ideal in a multiple user or material setting.
- Use the odometer’s in PMXP to track blade life – this lets you know when to use a fresh blade, before you start a big job.