Wide WT Plotter/Cutter
The Carlson Design “Wide” WT Plotter/cutter won the IFAI 2012 Show Stopper for New Equipment. The WT was designed to cut ultra-wide fabrics up to 174 inches. Its 4”x4″ aluminum box-beam frame is light and strong to accommodate the extra width, and the WT uses larger Nema 34 motors with 4x more torque than those on the PT to handle the increased loads. To keep the chassis light and easy to service, the WT has a powerful off-board power supply and a slide-out cassette, allowing servicing of internal components with the chassis in place. The X Drive plates feature extra load wheels, synchronized motors, and stretched length to prevent racking. The stiffer Y rail allows the WT to utilize a larger Y and Z motor along with custom cutting tools.
Common Applications Include:
tensions structures, awnings, window blinds, inflatables, truck tarps, and more.
- Body Style: Composite aluminum frame, with anodized guide rails bonded to a 4"x"4 box beam.
- Available Widths: 72” – 174” (1829mm-4420mm)
- Drive Plate: 27”
- Drive System: 180oz direct-drive hybrid stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 500 steps/inch
- Vertical Tool Force: up to 20lbs
- Peak Efficient Operating Speed: 30IPS
- Track System: Fully captive, direct-drive rack and pinion with anti-yaw design, gliding on 12 friction-reducing ball bearing, composite wheels. It uses 6 load reducing composite wheels, three on each side to reduce to reduce wear. Mount to any table top.
- Active Working Area: 30” less than machine width
- Machine Clearance: 2” underneath
- Machine Weight: ~65 lbs (varies with width)
- On Board Features: CE style safety controls including hard stops, soft stops, pneumatic controls.
- Site Requirements: shop air 90psi at 1.0 CFM
- Electrical: 120VAC on a dedicated 15 amp, 60 Hz circuit
Base price listed. For custom pricing, offers on new systems, and specific delivery dates please contact Carlson Design.
Base systems include Plotter/Cutter, Plotmaster software suite, cabling, and track.
WT is available in Custom widths 60” - 174” ($1000/ft). Wider custom widths available upon request.
Terms: 50% deposit with order, balance due with delivery. Delivery: 8-10 weeks after order. FOB our dockTulsa,Oklahoma. Allow more time for widths over 144".
Prices are subject to change. Call for a custom quote.
15% restocking on returned systems.
We offer a range of interchangeable cutting tools for maximum flexibility. Since our systems are so easy to set up and use, you can order just the plotter/cutter for your own table or a turnkey installation. We offer complete vacuum tables, or plans, blowers, and tops for building your own.
The system glides on our all-new ball-slide fully captive custom track system, enhancing precision and cutting power. Standard is a compact tool head carrying quick-change magnetic-mount tangential blade holders with lots of optional blade types and a precise air-operated pen. The tools spring retract at rest, so they won't interfere when picking parts or spreading fabrics. Blade holders can be changed without tooling.
Like all Carlson plotter/cutters, the self-contained plotter/cutter has no microprocessors on board - our intuitive Plotmaster software plus your PC is your controller, with diagnosis and service available online.
We believe in open software, offering our own Windows software for pattern design, digitizing, and nesting, or compatibility to the design programs you already use.