Studio STx Plotter/Cutter
The Studio STx Personal Plotter/Cutter is as serious a manufacturing tool as it is a great value. Designed for sample cutting, pattern development, model making, package design, and smaller design-cut-sew operations, the Studio is our most compact and affordable system. The STx is a lightweight (only 16lbs), single-tube machine using our custom extrusion combining exceptionally strong mechanical structure and guides for the head. Like the CTx, the head rolls on adjustable composite wheels. The STx power and electrical components snap along the back of the machine. This makes the components are easy to service and affordable to replace, and quick to customize.
Common Applications Include:
apparel, prototype packaging, architectural modeling, and sailmaking.
- Body Style: Anodized Aluminum, single rail frame with laser-cut brushed stainless steel “backpack” electronics panel.
- Available Widths: 48” – 72”
- Drive Plate: 10”
- Drive System: 330z direct drive stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 500 or 1000 steps/inch
- Vertical Tool Force: up too 15lbs
- Peak Efficient Operating Speed: 20IPS
- Track System: Fully captive, direct-drive rack and pinion with anti-yaw design. Machine glides on 12 friction-reducing ball bearing, composite wheels. Mount to any table top.
- Active Working Area: 10” less than machine width
- Machine Clearance: 2”
- Machine Weight: ~15 lbs
- Tool Head: Standard two tool head with steered rolling or drag blade cutter and marking tool holder.
- Off Board Features: Pneumatic controls & "clip-on" components with pluggable drives and motors for easy service.
- Site Requirements: Shop air 90psi at 1.0 CFM
- Electrical: 120VAC on a dedicated 15 amp, 60 Hz circuit
- Base price listed. For custom pricing, offers on new systems, and specific delivery dates please contact Carlson Design.
- Base systems include Plotter/Cutter, Plotmaster software suite, cabling, and track.
- STx is available in 48”, 60”, 72” Custom widths ($1000/ft)
- Terms: 50% deposit with order, balance due with delivery. Delivery: 6-8 weeks after order. FOB our dock Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Prices are subject to change. Call for a custom quote.
- 15% restocking on returned systems.
We offer a range of interchangeable cutting tools for maximum flexibility. Since our systems are so easy to set up and use, you can order just the plotter/cutter for your own table or a turnkey installation. We offer complete vacuum tables, or plans, blowers, and tops for building your own.
The system glides on our all-new ball-slide fully captive custom SuperTrack system, enhancing precision and cutting power. Standard is a compact tool head carrying quick-change magnetic-mount tangential blade holders with lots of optional blade types and a precise air-operated pen. The tools spring retract at rest, so they won't interfere when picking parts or spreading fabrics. Blade holders can be changed without tooling.
Like all Carlson plotter/cutters, the self-contained plotter/cutter has no microprocessors on board - our intuitive Plotmaster software plus your PC is your controller, with diagnosis and service available online.
We can ship your system fully assembled (except for your tracks) by express shippers such as Fed Ex or UPS.