Pro PT Plotter/Cutter
In its 5th generation, The Pro PT is our most rugged, reliable, and precise plotting/cutting system -- delivering the best performance with the least downtime. The PT has a reinforced dual rail frame designed for supporting ultra-wide bed widths. It uses stretched drive to spread loads associated with higher speeds and heavy cutting. This dampens any tendency to yaw and extends the life of the track slides.
The PT employs the most powerful motors available for its frame size and the tool head rides on a custom steel guide rail with steel v-guide wheels. The PT's robust design make it ideal for cutting heavy composites, tension and membrane structures, carbon fiber and prepreg, awnings, marine canvas, auto goods, sofas, and any high volume production item where precision and repetition are required.
Standard width 72″ (1829mm).
- Body Style: Anodized Aluminum, dual-rail frame with laser-cut brushed stainless steel body panels.
- Available Widths: 60” – 144” (1524mm-3657.6mm)
- Drive Plate: 15”
- Drive System: 440oz direct drive stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 500 steps/inch
- Vertical Tool Force: up to 15lbs
- Peak Efficient Operating Speed: 36IPS
- Track System: Fully captive, direct-drive rack and pinion with anti-yaw design. Machine glides on 12 friction-reducing ball bearing, composite wheels.
- Active Working Area: 9” less than machine width
- Machine Clearance: 2”
- Machine Weight: 31 lbs
- On Board Features: CE style safety controls including 2 hard stops, 2 soft stops, pneumatic controls and accessory 120 VAC outlet
- Site Requirements: shop air of 90psi at 1.0 CFM
- Electrical: 120VAC on a dedicated 15 amp, 60 Hz circuit
- Base price listed. For custom pricing, offers on new systems, and specific delivery dates please contact Carlson Design.
- Base systems include Plotter/Cutter, Plotmaster software suite, cabling, and track.
- PT is available in Custom widths 60” - 126” ($1000/ft)
- Terms: 50% deposit with order, balance due with delivery. Delivery: 6-8 weeks after order. FOB our dock Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Prices are subject to change. Call for a custom quote.
- 15% restocking on returned systems.
Owners average just $46 yearly maintaining their systems - and most users have never lost even one day of production! In every way, the PT is designed to cut your products accurately and swiftly day in and day out without unpleasant surprises or costly service.
We offer a range of interchangeable cutting tools for maximum flexibility. Since our systems are so easy to set up and use, you can order just the plotter/cutter for your own table or a turnkey installation. We offer complete vacuum tables, or plans, blowers, and tops for building your own.
The system glides on our all-new ball-slide fully captive custom track system, enhancing precision and cutting power. Standard is a compact tool head carrying quick-change magnetic-mount tangential blade holders with lots of optional blade types and a precise air-operated pen. The tools spring retract at rest, so they won't interfere when picking parts or spreading fabrics. Blade holders can be changed without tooling.
Like all Carlson plotter/cutters, the self-contained plotter/cutter has no microprocessors on board - our intuitive Plotmaster software plus your PC is your controller, with diagnosis and service available online.
We can ship your system fully assembled (except for your tracks) by express shippers such as Fed Ex or UPS.