Classic CTx Plotter/Cutter
The Classic CTx Carlson Design Plotter/Cutter has been setting the standard for large bed plotter/cutters for the last 25 years -- today no one beats the CTx for value, reliability, and flexibility. Unlike the STx it features a Dual-beam construction to provide a stronger and straighter chassis. Combined with a direct drive X, Y, and Z axes, the CTx has fewer moving parts to break or wear. The head guide is incorporated into the custom extruded front rail and rides on adjustable composite wheels.
The CTx is designed to cut a wide variety of variety of sewn goods including sails, awnings, furniture, marine canvas and upholstery, boat covers, apparel, inflatables, kites, kits gliders, balloons, bags and even boat hulls. It is ideal for any shop cutting custom or one off products, made-to-order, or light repetitive projects.
Standard width 72″ (1829mm).
- Body Style: Anodized Aluminum, dual-rail frame with laser-cut brushed stainless steel body panels.
- Available Widths: 60” – 84” (1524mm -- 2134mm)
- Drive Plate: 12”
- Drive System: 310 oz direct drive stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 500 steps/inch
- Vertical Tool Force: up to 15lbs
- Peak Efficient Operating Speed: 30IPS
- Track System: Fully captive, direct-drive rack and pinion with anti-yaw design. Machine glides on 12 friction-reducing ball bearing, composite wheels.
- Active Working Area: 8” less than machine width
- Machine Clearance: 2”
- Machine Weight: 22 lbs
- On Board Features: CE style safety controls including 2 hard stops, 2 soft stops, pneumatic controls and accessory 120 VAC outlet
- Site Requirements: shop air of 90psi at 1.0 CFM
- Electrical: 120VAC on a dedicated 15 amp, 60 Hz circuit
- Base price listed. For custom pricing, offers on new systems, and specific delivery dates please contact Carlson Design.
- Base systems include Plotter/Cutter, Plotmaster software suite, cabling, and track.
- CTx is available in custom widths 60”-84” ($1000/ft)
- Terms: 50% deposit with order, balance due with delivery. Delivery: 6-8 weeks after order. FOB our dock Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Prices are subject to change. Call for a custom quote.
- 15% restocking on returned systems.
We offer a range of interchangeable cutting tools for maximum flexibility. Since our systems are so easy to set up and use, you can order just the plotter/cutter for your own table or a turnkey installation. We offer complete vacuum tables, or plans, blowers, and tops for building your own.
The system glides on our all-new ball-slide fully captive custom track system, enhancing precision and cutting power. Standard is a compact tool head carrying quick-change magnetic-mount tangential blade holders with lots of optional blade types and a precise air-operated pen. The tools spring retract at rest, so they won't interfere when picking parts or spreading fabrics. Blade holders can be changed without tooling.
Like all Carlson plotter/cutters, the self-contained plotter/cutter has no microprocessors on board - our intuitive Plotmaster software plus your PC is your controller, with diagnosis and service available online.
We can ship your system fully assembled (except for your tracks) by express shippers such as Fed Ex or UPS.